Latest Blog Post
Many people feel that they have taken the first step towards a new life when they schedule their first meeting with their family law attorney. It can be a nerve-wracking experience and someone may feel nervous at the onset of a divorce or custody case. Television shows and movies play up the “drama” of contested courtroom battles. Sometimes these fictional stories mimic reality, but the (read more…)
- Tax Refunds and Divorces
- Illinois’ Residency Requirement for Divorce Cases
- Child Support for a Special Needs Child
- Chicago Child Custody Cases and the “Eighteen Month Rule”
- Protecting Your Online Activity In A Divorce
- Introducing Your New Spouse to Your Custody Judgment
- The Valentine’s Day Spike in Divorces
- Mediation in Family Law Cases
- The Differences Between Joint Legal Custody and Sole Legal Custody
- Contribution to College Expenses
- Parties to a Divorce Have Behavioral Obligations Mandated by Illinois Law
- Tips For Your Next Trip to Court
- Question: My Ex’s Employer is Required to Withhold the Child Support Payment, But the Employer Missed a Payment. What Should I Do?
- Having Your Spouse Contribute to Your Attorneys’ Fees
- When Can a Child Speak to the Court?
- How to Decrease a Child Support Order in Illinois
- Child Representatives, Guardians Ad Litem, and Children’s Attorneys in Contested Custody Cases
- Calculating Your Net Monthly Income for Child Support Purposes
- Conducting Discovery in Divorce Cases
- My Spouse and I Agree on Our Divorce Terms, Now What?
- Factors Considered By the Court When Awarding Maintenance
- Defining Marital and Non-Marital Property
- Temporary Relief After You Have Filed For Divorce
- Changes to Illinois Dissipation Law Effective on January 1, 2013
- Dividing Retirement Assets Upon Divorce
- Visitation Abuse
- Calculating Child Support Obligations
- Grandparents’ Rights To Visitation
- Love And Marriage May Not Be Forever But A Property Settlement Is
- 50/50 Parenting Time
- Financial Preparation For Divorce
- Rules for Working with Your Lawyer
- Lambda Legal challenges IL ban on gay marriage
- The Best Divorce
- Do Not Make The Mistake of Rushing
- Alimony and Child Support Are Two Different Things
- Modifiable Maintenance
- What Divorce Teaches About Marriage
- Infidelity Clauses in Prenups and Post-Nups
- Should You Move Out of the Marital Home?
- Jewish Prenup and Divorce Issues
- Why Divorce Lawyers Charge Hourly
- Does Your Spouse Not Report All of His or Her Income?
- Civil Union Couples May File Illinois Taxes Jointly
- Divorce And The Marital Home: Have You Thought It Through?
- Mediation And Divorce: What You Need To Know
- Civil Union And Personal Injury
- There Is No Need To Enter Into A Second Civil Union
- Protecting Pets From Domestic Violence
- The First Same-Sex Divorce In Illinois
Tanya and Sara are definitely the best at what they do. Their expertise on family law is impeccable I would not think twice about having her firm on my side in any battle. She is a fierce litigator with a calming influence. But trust me, she will battle for you if she has to .. I don’t believe there is a better firm in Chicago to represent you.. Thanks again Tanya.
I really appreciate all your help. …… Thanks again, you brought a certain confidence to my side I don’t believe I would have had.
Strong Client Advocate and Translator of Legalese. Tanya helps her clients break through the clutter of legal jargon and contingencies by explaining what is happening in logical, plain wording. I could tell throughout my experience working with her that she was passionate about protecting my interests and was always ready to inform me of the risks of any decisions I was making. She was greatly helpful in ironing out an agreement that met everyone’s needs – which is what we all hope for with challenging legal situations.
Smart and detail oriented. She will put in the time required to get the best possible outcome. Tanya was always available to answer questions and kept me informed every step of the way. She gave excellent advice and was able to deliver satisfactory results. She is very thorough and detail oriented.
Finding legal services is challenging for first timers without connections, but Tanya made it easy. She brings a people-focused approach to an industry that sorely needs it.
When I called other lawyers before Tanya, I felt nervous that they were focused on the money. But Tanya was 1) slightly less expensive than the others and 2) more upfront about her charges. She even noted that if she spent a little more time than initially discussed, she wouldn’t nickel and dime me on paying for small amounts of extra time. That was quite refreshing and the first time I’d heard it from an attorney!
Professionally, she was friendly, easy to reach, and happy to talk me through things every step of the way. It was fantastic to find someone who was trustworthy and kind (not the first adjectives that roll off the tongue when talking about lawyers).
Net – A+ experience and strongly recommend for people who have limited experience with the law/lawyers (or anyone else for that matter).
Tanya is very detail oriented and puts a tremendous amount of effort in her work. She was always available to answer questions and was willing to go the extra mile to get the job done. I would recommend Tanya for anyone in need of a good attorney.
As Tanya’s opposing counsel, she was thorough and diligent in representing her client’s interests.